When many people hear “4-H” it often triggers a smile and encourages comments about their experiences at 4-H Summer Camp. We quickly learn about the fun that they had, possibly a difficulty they overcame, their love for the creek, and their dismay over having to walk to the shower house at night.
Camping experiences help young people learn independence and mastery. They learn how to cope without their family and manage themselves with peers in a group setting. This is a valuable experience for children.
The Central Region promotes camping and we would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Quick notes:
- campers are 4th-6th graders
- children may attend more than once
- cell phones are prohibited at camp
- children stay in cabins by parish
- a nurse and nurses station are available all week
- adults and counselors are trained
If you would like more information about 4-H camp please send a message to Central Region 4-H. Or visit http://www.lsuagcenter.com/topics/kids_teens/camps/grant_walker